Tuesday 5 November 2013

Filming day 3 and 4

Tuesday 5th November 2013





Taylor.
Today I filmed the performance part to my video. For this I was trying out different camera angles and camera positions to get the best shot of Taylor who I had asked to perform the song. Using the green screen, I first asked Taylor to stand in the middle of it so that he was centralised on screen. Then as he was singing I asked him to perform towards the camera which worked quite effectively.

I then stood to the side and asked him again to perform facing forward, however in the next shot he stood side on again looking to the camera but this time he was positioned to the left of the screen leaving space to the right. The reason behind this was for editing purposes so that I could put the footage of the actual characters on the screen next to him.

As Taylor didn't know the lyrics we had to have the original track playing in the background. This wasn't an issue at first but when I was listening back to the footage you could hear the track in the background taking the focus away from Taylor. Other issues I also had was when I was Trying to put Taylor's voice over the original soundtrack so that you could hear the music, this again didn't work as Taylor was out of time with it. This is when I decided I would try a different way of recording the track.


Friday 8th November 2013

Before filming again, I decided to download the backing track for How To Save A Life so that I could use the music with the only voice being that of the performer. As Casey has performed the song before and Taylor's recordings didn't work, I decided to ask her to help me during my media
lesson so we went and filmed in the music rooms.

During the editing process I added a lens
flare to the clip making it appear brighter.
After her practicing singing along to the backing track I was trying to figure out where I wanted to position the camera so for the first take I was stood to the left looking at Casey from the side. This didn't really work as you couldn't see her emotion, however in the next shot, this worked better. In the next shot I positioned the camera in front of Casey and had her performing to it, this worked well as you could see the emotion in her face.

When editing this footage with what I already had, it didn't all fit together. So I have decided to record more of the performance aspect to my video with Casey in a different setting. But I am also going to try to shoot from many more positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment