Friday 18 October 2013

Filming Day 1

Filming Day 1


Chloe and Max whilst filming. 
Today I had planned to start filming scenes 1 to 16 so that I could start to construct the opening of the music video. By consulting my filming schedule you will see that I have stuck to this plan, however, as it was dark by the time I started to film, it was not possible to film in the park due to there being no lighting but I managed to overcome this issue as I was able to film at the location mentioned on the storyboard numbered as one and two. By changing my original idea, I was still able to incorporate many of the scenes that I had came up with that were present on my storyboard, this included a close up of Max's character smiling at Chloe, as well as showing both characters to be sat on the left and right of each other, allowing Max to walk of to the left as the song says 'As he goes left and you stay right'.

This is a screen shot from my music video where I have
added a cross fade to the clip to make the walking shot
shorter than it originally was.

To begin with I filmed Max walking out of the park, to then be shown to knock on the door. This is different to my proposed storyboard as Chloe my female character was meant to be leaving her house to go and meet him. However when looking back at the footage, I think it was successful as there isn't a lot of walking involved and you are able to see where he is coming from and where he is going. As I was showing Max to walk up to the door, I decided that it could have been good to include a match on action shot and this was the next bit of footage I shot.





For this I stood back from the door with Chloe stood on the stairs behind. When we first filmed Chloe was stood in front of Max obstructing my view and this then enabled me to see where it went wrong and correct the mistake, it was then that I was able to ask her to stand to the side when opening the door allowing me to see Max and see him walk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment