Sunday 25 August 2013

Audience Research

Audience Research

By looking into what people want, I will be able to make more of a successful product than I would if I didn't take into consideration what people would like to see. As I have decided that I would like to make a music video, the questionnaire that I have produced asks relative questions so that I could find out what others like to see.

Below you will see the questionnaire I have created and just some of the feedback I have got.


Here are some of the things I have found out from looking at all of the answers I have got back. From looking at what the most popular genre of music is, I have found out that Pop music is preferred by the people asked. I have also found out that people would rather watch a narrative based music video than a performance based video, this could be because there is more of a story to the song the video is being made for, allowing the viewer to follow what is happening more easily. This ties in with question 6 where I asked if the music video should relate to the lyrics, the answer I got was Yes. However I then asked if a viewer would just watch a lyric video and the majority again said yes, from finding this out I will be able to evolve the ideas I have for my own music video and I could potentially use both lyrics and a video.




When asked the question of where would you watch a music video, the most common answer was on a computer or laptop, however other people that I have asked said they prefer to watch music videos on an other device, for example an Ipod. It was surprising to find out that a telly isn't used more commonly as there are many music channels available, however with websites like YouTube and Vevo its understandable as to why a computer may be used.



However, when asked what TV channel you would watch a music video on, the majority of people asked said MTV. When looking at MTV, I have found out that they have a number of channels which would potentially mean they would have a larger audience and they can target more viewers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment